Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Bouquet Card For The Bride-to-Be

Wedding Bouquet Handmade Greeting Card

June may be a popular month for weddings ... somewhere ... but I don't think I've ever been invited to a June wedding!  Regardless of the month, creating a beautiful wedding card for a friend or family member is a real treat. This lovely "bouquet card" is suitable for a wedding or a bridal shower, which is exactly what I needed last weekend, as I headed off to a fun surprise bridal shower.

I found the idea on Stampin' Connection, a private website for Stampin' Up! demonstrators to share all kinds of information and ideas. It's just one of the many perks of being a demonstrator - LOVE THAT!

Punch Art Flower Bouquet Detail

This card is fairly easy to create. I started with a large scallop circle punched from card stock to use as a base for my bouquet. Next, I punched out tiny flower "blooms", also from card stock, using the tiny scallop circle punch in the Itty Bitty Punch Pack. To give the blooms just a hint of color, I used the Color Spritzer Tool and a marker to spritz a bit of pink onto Naturals White card stock before punching. The flowers were adhered to the scallop circle (I used Multipurpose Liquid Glue) starting at the outer edges and working toward the center and overlapping the flowers.

Flower Stems Created From Card Stock Paper

For the "stems" I took a piece of Old Olive card stock and SCORED it every 1/4". Then, using my paper trimmer, I cut strips 1/4" wide cutting in-between the score lines.  This creates 1/4" strips with a score down the middle - MUCH easier than trying to score a tiny strip of card stock down the middle! (I used my new Simply Scored scoring tool - Woo Hoo! Look for the Simply Scored in the upcoming Holiday Mini Catalog on Sept. 1.) Each strip was folded on the score line, then gathered in a "bunch" (more or less), cut sides down, and secured at one end with a bit of tape.

Once the stems were arranged I wound a bit of ribbon around them using Mini Glue Dots to secure the ribbon ends. This piece was then attached to the scallop circle bouquet (taped). The bow was tied separately and attached using a Mini Glue Dot.

Bridal Bouquet Greeting Card Idea

The entire bouquet was attached to the card front using Mini Glue Dots at the stem area and Stampin' Dimensionals behind the flower portion.

Holiday Mini Catalog
Have you received your copy of the Holiday Mini Catalog? Mailings began arriving last week and the feedback has been awesome! If you haven't received your copy yet, please let me know and I'll make sure you get one ASAP.
Not on my mailing list? GO HERE to request your Holiday Mini Catalog today.

Have a great day filled with plenty of bloomin' good things!
xoxo


To order Stampin' Up! products online CLICK HERE!

BRIDAL BOUQUET CARD
Ink: Pretty in Pink Stampin' Write Marker (100045)
Paper: Sahara Sand (121043), Rich Razzleberry (115316), Old Olive (100702), Naturals White (102316)
Tools: 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch (118874), Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309), Color Spritzer Tool (107066), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Accessories: Pearl Basic Jewels (119247), Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon (retired)

3 comments:

  1. I've been searching for the perfect card to make for my Friends Daughter & this is it. Thank you for sharing & I hope my card turns out half as lovely as yours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, Jewels. I'm so glad you found just the thing you've been searching for. Happy creating and best wishes to the happy couple! xo

      Delete

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo